Skip to main content
Skip to main content.

Odyssey Public Portal notification:

The Odyssey Public Portal can only be accessed by registered users at this time.


The Court will be transitioning to Zoom for all remote appearances.  Click here to see information about how the transition will happen in each case type.

Mandatory Face Covering Requirements:

 Effective Monday, July 19, 2021, all persons entering any court facility will be required to properly wear a face covering over their nose and mouth, regardless of their vaccination status.

Important Information:

Beginning June 15, 2021, all courthouses are open to the public and most in-person services are restored.

Interpreters & Language Access

Court Interpreter Service

Court proceedings are conducted in English. If a party or a witness does not speak English well, he or she may need an interpreter to testify, to speak to the judge, and to understand what others are saying in a proceeding. Certified and registered court interpreters are specifically trained to interpret in court proceedings. If you need language assistance, you should ask the court if it can provide a court interpreter by completing local request form ALA-INT-001 (see below in accordions).

There is no charge for the services of a court appointed interpreter.

Criminal & Traffic Matters do not use form ALA-INT-001 for criminal or traffic cases. If you are a defendant or a witness in a criminal matter, you may tell your attorney (or the DA) that you need an interpreter; if you are a traffic defendant, when you come to court to get a date set for a hearing, please let the clerk at the filing window know that you need an interpreter.

Interpreters are neutral and bound to confidentiality.

Note: Although the court attempts to meet all requests, the court is not always able to provide an interpreter in every language or in every civil case.

How to Become a Court Interpreter

Court Interpreter Program

Learn more about California’s Court Interpreter Program (CIP) and how to become an interpreter.

Laney College Language Interpreter Certificate Program

Laney College in Oakland currently provides a language interpretation certificate program with the support of the Superior Court of California, County of Alameda. For more information regarding their innovative interpretation programs, please visit Laney College's website.


Language Request Form Complaint Form COVID-19 Safety

Request Form

  Covid-19 Safety


Request Form


Complaint Form - Simplified

Complaint Form - Traditional

Covid-19 Safety


Request Form

Complaint Form Covid-19 Safety

Request Form

Complaint Form Covid-19 Safety
Korean     Covid-19 Safety

Request Form

Complaint Form Covid-19 Safety
Russian     Covid-19 Safety

Request Form

Complaint Form Covid-19 Safety

Request Form

Complaint Form  

Request Form

Complaint Form Covid-19 Safety


Was this helpful?