These courts accept people with misdemeanors or felonies, pre- or post-plea.
Charges do not have to be drug-related. These courts help people address problematic health issues and achieve legal relief.
- Defense Counsel: To have your client screened/assessed for Drug Court, please complete online form via the Referral button.
- We will contact you to confirm Drug Court eligibility.
- Pre- or post-plea, misdemeanor or felony (not necessarily drug related), probation violations
- Will have addiction or co-occurring conditions
Exclusions for current charges
- Serious Felonies [as per PC 1192.7(c)]
- Violent Felonies [as per PC 667.5(c)]
- Firearm Offenses
- Domestic Violence
- Six-month program for misdemeanors
- Twelve-month program for felonies
- Participants will attend court sessions, test for drug/alcohol use, complete a treatment program, and mental health plan.
- Dismissal or reduction of charges (completion of diversion if appropriate)
- Sealing of records
- Complete program in lieu of incarceration
- Early release from probation, modification of probation, or no probation
- Temporary free sober housing, housing case management services
- Employment case management services
- Gift cards every court session, and other incentives
- Transportation vouchers
- Stay eligible for student loans
- If "undocumented," no conviction on record
- Amnesty for court, legal, and some traffic fees