Family Treatment Court
These courts help parents that have lost custody of their children due to addiction or co-occurring mental health conditions. Participation in this court greatly increases the chance of family reunification, and dramatically lowers future contacts with Children's Protective Services (CPS).
- Parent's Counsel, Child Welfare Workers, and Parent Advocates: To have your client screened/ assessed for Family Treatment Court, please complete online form via the Referral button
- We will contact you to confirm Family Treatment Court eligibility
- Must be in first six-months, post-disposition
- Must have DCFS services
- Must have high need for addiction or co-occurring mental health treatment
- Twelve-month program
- Participants will attend court sessions, test for drug/alcohol use, complete a treatment program, and mental health plan.
- Supportive court sessions
- Parents speak directly with their dependency judge
- May be placed in residential treatment with child
- Free sober housing with child
- Gift cards every court session, and other incentives
- Transportation vouchers