Wiley W. Manuel Courthouse
Drug Court Services Office, 2nd Floor
Post Plea/PC 1000 Drug Diversion
Prop 36 Services & Drug Court Dept. 108
661 Washington Street
Oakland, CA 94607
Drug Court Locations
René C. Davidson
Adjudicated Felon Drug Court Services
Departments 8 & 11
1225 Fallon Street
Oakland, CA 94612
Hayward Hall of Justice
Adjudicated Felon Drug Court Services, Prop 36 Services, Juvenile Dependency Project
Dept. 503, 513 & 517
24405 Amador Street
Hayward, CA 94544
This court houses 12 courtrooms and is named for the first African-American to serve on California's Supreme Court. Justice Manuel (1927-1981) practiced law in Alameda County as a deputy attorney general for many years before his appointment to the Supreme Court.
Opened in 1936, the courthouse is one of the bay area's most conspicuous products of the U.S. Public Works Administration, a New Deal agency. The courthouse is a successful example of the combination of classical and Art Deco architecture sometimes called "PWA Modern;" a style favored for public buildings in the 1930s and 1940s.
Built in 1975, it was originally designed to provide space for the (pre-unified) Superior Court and the (former) San Leandro/Hayward/Union City Municipal Court. The facility houses 20 court departments, clerk's office, sheriff/ marshal's office substation, and disctrict attorney's office. This is the largest full-service courthouse in Alameda County, hearing all types of matters: civil, juvenile, family law & traffic.