GSH Juror Reporting Instructions
Gale-Schenone Hall of Justice - Pleasanton
Please bring the reporting instruction portion of your summons with you filled out with your phone numbers and any address or name changes you may have.
- Effective January 1, 2003, jurors are not paid for the first day, neither for mileage nor for service. Jurors are paid $15.00 per day and $0.34 per mile (one-way mileage) beginning on the second day of jury service.
- Effective August 16, 2004, Government Employees are not entitled to per diem pay for serving jury duty if they receive regular compensation and benefits while performing jury service from their employer. A government employee is one who is employed by federal, state, or a local government entity or by any other public entity such as the Regents of the University of California, a county, a city, district, public authority, public agency, and any other political subdivision or public corporation in the state (Code of Civil Procedure section 481.200). If you are a government employee please notify the jury staff when you report for Jury Service.
- Please be prompt. Persons who arrive after the selection process has begun will be rescheduled.
- We do not accept postponements or excuses on your reporting day. Please call the telephone number on your summons or mail the postponements or excuses to:
Superior Court Jury Division
5672 Stoneridge Drive
Pleasanton, CA 94588
- Since parking is very limited at some courts, we strongly encourage you to take public transportation such as BART or AC Transit. Please do not park at meters as you may not be allowed to go out and add money to your meters.
- Your jury service is in compliance with One Day / One Trial legislation. If you have not been assigned to a courtroom at the end of the day that you are ordered to report, your term of service will be completed for one year.