Family Law Court

Family Law Courts hear cases involving divorce (dissolution of marriage), nullity, legal separation, and paternity, including related issues of spousal support, child support, child custody and visitation, and community property.  Family Court also hears cases of domestic violence and elder abuse.
Text resize: Decrease font site Increase font site

Workplace Violence Restraining Orders

If you are an employer or you work in a place where there has been violence or threat of violence against employees, fill out and file Workplace Violence Prevention forms. The law says corporations must be represented by a lawyer.  You can read more about how to get a Workplace Violence Prevention Restraining Order here.
  1. You can download the forms you need from the Judicial Council's Self-Help Center.
  2. Fill out your forms neatly in blue or black ink.
  3. Fill out your forms and take them to one of the Superior Court locations listed here.
  4. A judge will look at your forms within 24 hours. The clerk will instruct you when to come back to find out if the judge has signed the Order to Show Cause and Temporary Restraining Order. When you pick up your forms, check to see if the judge made all the orders you asked for.

A court hearing will be set in about 3 weeks so the judge can decide if the orders will continue for up to 3 years. Make sure to come to this court hearing.
Back To Top Print This Page