Family Law Court

Family Law Courts hear cases involving divorce (dissolution of marriage), nullity, legal separation, and paternity, including related issues of spousal support, child support, child custody and visitation, and community property.  Family Court also hears cases of domestic violence and elder abuse.
Text resize: Decrease font site Increase font site

How to get an Emergency Protective Order/Restraining Order

Click on the kind of restraining order you need:
Domestic Violence Restraining Order:
To get a Domestic Violence Restraining Order, you must fill out Domestic Violence Prevention forms. You can obtain them at the following locations:
  • The Court Clerk's Office
  • Alameda County Law Library in Oakland and Hayward
  • Online at the Judicial Council's Forms page. (Choose "Domestic Violence" from the dropdown menu. Forms are available in English, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Vietnamese and Spanish, however the forms must be completed in English)
  • Bookstores and print shops that carry legal forms

For assistance in completing the forms:
For additional information, read the Judicial Council information sheets:
Back To Top Print This Page