Family Law Court

Family Law Courts hear cases involving divorce (dissolution of marriage), nullity, legal separation, and paternity, including related issues of spousal support, child support, child custody and visitation, and community property.  Family Court also hears cases of domestic violence and elder abuse.
Text resize: Decrease font site Increase font site

Elder Abuse/Dependent Adult Restraining Order

If you are over the age of 65 and feel as if you are being abused either physically or financially you can ask for an Elder Abuse/Dependent Adult restraining order. For more information about elder/dependent adult abuse, see the Judicial Council's Self-Help website.

To ask for a restraining order/protective order, you must fill out the correct forms. You can get the forms from:
  • The Clerk's Office
  • Alameda County Law Library in Oakland or Hayward
  • Online at the Judicial Council Forms page for Elder/Dependent Adult Abuse Prevention forms
  • Contacting the Elder Abuse Case Manager
  • Contacting your local Legal Assistance for Seniors office
Information about completing the forms may be found here.
Use a blue or black ink pen when filling out the forms.

Fill out the Request for Restraining Orders (EA-100) first. 

Start at the top of the page and work down. You are the Petitioner and the Protected Party. Put your name next to Petitioner: and the other persons name next to the Respondent.

Read each question starting with number 1.

Check the box that applies to you and write in the information in the blank space at the end of each question.

Fill out the Order to Show Cause and Temporary Restraining Order (EA-120).

After you have filled out your forms, take them to one of the Alameda County Superior Court locations listed here.

Inform the Court Clerk that you are filling an Elder Abuse Petition. There are no filing fees for this Petition. 
Back To Top Print This Page