Juvenile Court

Back to Juvenile Court
Text resize: Decrease font site Increase font site

Resources & Referrals


How Do I Find Out Whether I Qualify for Free Legal Services?

Free legal services for qualified people are available from the National Legal Services Corporation (e.g., Legal Aid Society and Legal Services Foundation). People accused of a crime who cannot afford an attorney may request or apply for free help from the Public Defender's Office. If you think you qualify, you may request a referral to the Public Defender's Office when you make your first court appearance. For further information, you may contact the Public Defender's Office in Alameda County at: (510) 670-5086 in South County or (510) 268-7474 in North County.

Local Legal Aid Links

Other Useful Links

  1. Judicial Council
  2. California Administrative Office of the Courts - Dogbook
  3. California Administrative Office of the Courts, Center for Families, Children & the Courts
  4. Law Center For Families
  5. Public Interest Clearinghouse – California clearing house on public interest issues.
  6. Find Law - Free legal research on full range of legal issues.
  7. Foster Youth Alliance
  8. Alameda County Office of Education
  9. CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) of Alameda County
  10. Alameda County Independent Living Skills Program
Back To Top Print This Page