Appearing in Court
Court appearances are mandatory.
If you fail to appear, a bench warrant can be issued for your arrest. If you are released on bail, you may forfeit your bail or bond. The Court may impose a $300 civil assessment fee pursuant to Penal Code section 1214.1.
Adding or Changing a Court Date
If you wish to add or change a court date, contact your attorney. If you do not have an attorney, please call the Criminal Division Clerk's Office at the appropriate court location for assistance. If you posted a bail bond, you may want to contact the bail company as well.
What to Wear in the Courtroom
For courtroom appearances, the following rules are enforced:
- Upon entering the courthouse, everyone must pass through metal detection/weapon screening.
- Plan to dress as you would for a business meeting. Shirt and shoes are required.
- Hats must be removed upon entering and while in the courtoom.
- Cell phones and electronic communications devices must be turned off in the courtroom.
Documents to Bring to Court
Please bring the following items with you when you come to court:
- Proper Identification (driver's license, passport, or other photo identification)
- Copy of citation
- Notice of Hearing or courtesy copy of hearing letter
- Bond Receipt, cash bail receipts, et cetera
- Jail release paperwork
- Sentencing order, probation order
- Money to pay fines, fees, and restitution