General Info
Text resize: Decrease font site Increase font site

Court Records

Accessing Case Information & Records
Most case records are available to the public and may be viewed and copied at most court locations throughout Alameda County. In addition, many civil case records are available online. Please see the chart below for details.
Civil Records Juvenile Records Adoption Records
Criminal Records Probate Records Administrative Records
Family Law Records Traffic Records Vital Records


Note: Departments not appearing on the calendar report have no scheduled cases as of the time of posting. Calendars are subject to change. With inquiries, please contact:


How to Access Case Information
Online The public may access many case records (information and documents) online through DomainWeb or Odyssey Portal.
In Person
Individuals may research court records in person at no cost.  Public access terminals and indexes are available for public use.  To find out where a case record can be viewed, please call one of the Records Units at the telephone numbers listed below.  Please note that files may only be viewed on the premises.  Files may not be taken or removed from designated areas at any time.
Click here for hours of service.
Research Assistance You may request a records search in person or by mail; the Court does not provide research services over the telephone.

Please indicate in your search request which years you would like searched.  There is a fee for each name searched.

For Help
If you would like to speak with someone about accessing records, please call the Records Units at the telephone numbers listed below. You may request a records search in person or by mail; the Court does not provide research services over the telephone.
Fees & Payment This link to the Fees provides the current cost of research and copying services available. 

You may pay for records searches and copying charges in person with cash, credit card, or money order.  You have the option of submitting Criminal Record Requests online and may pay for them using a MasterCard or Visa.

Please do not submit cash or credit card information by mail.
 OnlineIn Person
Civil Records Many non-confidential civil case records are available online through DomainWeb.
Civil case records can be accessed in person at the following locations:

Rene C. Davidson Courthouse: 510-891-6005
Hayward Hall of Justice: 510-690-2705
George E. McDonald Hall of Justice:
Criminal Records
* NEW*  The public may now view selected criminal case information online via ODYSSEY PORTAL. This service is free and members of the public are not required to register. Click here to begin.
Copies of non-confidential criminal records may be ordered online at Criminal Record Requests

If you require a letter with an actual signature and court seal as documentation or Immigration purposes, do not use the online Criminal Records Request. The request has to be mailed to Gale/Schenone Hall of Justice, 5672 Stoneridge Dr., Pleasanton, CA. 94588, Attn: Criminal Division.

Enclose a check or money order for .96 (per letter drawn on a US bank) payable to Superior Court, County of Alameda. Please do not send cash. Include the Requestor Name, Requestor Complete Address (mailing address), Requestor Phone Number, Defendant Name, Defendant Docket Number and Date of Birth.


Many criminal court records after 1973 are available to the public.

If you know the court location where the case was heard, please contact that location.

If you do not know the court location please call one of the following Criminal Divisions:

Rene C. Davidson Courthouse, Oakland:
(510) 891-6009
Wiley W. Manuel Courthouse, Oakland:
(510) 627-4700
Hayward Hall of Justice: (510) 690-2703
Fremont Hall of Justice: (510) 818-7501
Gale-Schenone Hall of Justice, Pleasanton:
(925) 227-6700
For viewing felony cases prior to 1974, use the public microfiche in Room 107, 1225 Fallon Street, Oakland or contact the California Department of Justice.
Family Law Records Limited information about family law cases is available on DomainWeb.  Family law case documents are not available online.
Family Law court records can be accessed in person at the following locations:

George E. McDonald Courthouse, Alameda:(510) 263-4304  
Hayward Hall of Justice, Hayward: (510) 690-2702
Rene C. Davidson Courthouse, Oakland:(510) 891-6005
Juvenile Records
Persons who wish to have access to juvenile court records must petition the juvenile court pursuant to California Welfare & Institutions Code Section 827.  The petition must be submitted on Judicial Council form JV-570. 
Juvenile Court records include the records maintained in the Juvenile Dependency Court legal file and records maintained by the social worker and the Social Services Agency (except any communications between the social worker and his/her attorney).  Juvenile Court records do not normally include police reports.
For more information about submitting JV-570, please call the Juvenile Clerk's Office at    
Probate Records Images are available for documents filed after January 31, 2006, except for conservatorships, guardianships and confidential documents.
Probate court records can be accessed in person at the following locations:

Berkeley Courthouse: (510) 647-4439
Rene C. Davidson Courthouse
(510) 891-6005
Traffic Records You may look up your citation here.
Traffic Division's database is now paperless.  You may request a document from your case (e.g., citation, minutes, etc.) and staff at any Traffic Court location can print it for you.
Adoption Records Adoption records are confidential and access to adoption records may be obtained by court order only. For more information regarding adoption records, please call (510) 891-6003.
Administrative Records Click here for more information about accessing judicial administrative records.
Vital Records Vital records (e.g., birth, death, and marriage records) are maintained by the County. Click here for more information.
Back To Top Print This Page